Taylor offers multiple programming opportunities for Tulane students, faculty and staff, and community members to learn the mindsets and methods of design thinking (human-centered design).
A design thinking mindset puts people at the heart of understanding, experimenting and acting when addressing challenges.
Human-centered designers notice opportunities, ask better questions, identify various stakeholders, try new ideas, and dare to imagine a different world.
Design Thinking News
What is Design Thinking?
Design thinking is used by organizations around the world to generate new ideas for schools, offices, organizations, and communities—creating better experiences, systems, and services.
In Taylor design thinking workshops and trainings, you will learn to:
- Visualize and share issues and ideas with others
- Work collaboratively, inspiring others and engaging communities
- Be more creative
- Define and re-frame problems
- Use rapid prototyping to counteract “analysis paralysis”
- Practice a “bias to action”
- Consider distinct end-users and different points of view
Human centered design brought us:
- the computer mouse
- touch screens and graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- better micro-solar energy products and services
- mobile-phone based financial services
Design Thinking Badges
- Did you know you can earn badges when you do our workshops?
- The Taylor Design Thinking team sends an Introduction to Design Thinking Credly badge on Linkedin to people who attend our workshops. You can share this badge on your LinkedIn profile or via social media.
- Interested in learning more about attending a Taylor design thinking workshop? Contact Dr. Lesley-Ann Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design Thinking Team
Latest Past Events
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/preview?eid=314832742207/ Le'Kedra Robertson, founder of the Milne Inspiration Center (MIC-AMPED), is committed to increasing opportunities and decreasing unproductive behaviors that often lead youth to crime through arts, culture, education, and social entrepreneurship. As a social entrepreneur, youth/community…
Register on Eventbrite to ensure your spot!: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/design-thinking-breakfast-with-dr-jelagat-cheruiyot-tickets-266248044067 About this event Dr. D. Jelagat Cheruiyot is a professor of practice in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at Tulane University. Dr. Cheruiyot teaches a number of courses including diversity…