Taylor offers multiple programming opportunities for Tulane students, faculty and staff, and community members to learn the mindsets and methods of design thinking (human-centered design).
A design thinking mindset puts people at the heart of understanding, experimenting and acting when addressing challenges.
Human-centered designers notice opportunities, ask better questions, identify various stakeholders, try new ideas, and dare to imagine a different world.
What is Design Thinking?
Design thinking is used by organizations around the world to generate new ideas for schools, offices, organizations, and communities—creating better experiences, systems, and services.
In Taylor design thinking workshops and trainings, you will learn to:
- Visualize and share issues and ideas with others
- Work collaboratively, inspiring others and engaging communities
- Be more creative
- Define and re-frame problems
- Use rapid prototyping to counteract “analysis paralysis”
- Practice a “bias to action”
- Consider distinct end-users and different points of view
Human centered design brought us:
- the computer mouse
- touch screens and graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- better micro-solar energy products and services
- mobile-phone based financial services
Design Thinking Programming
Design Thinking Consultation
Beyond public programming, we offer visioning sessions facilitated by our Design Thinking Team. Our consulting services are adapted to meet your organization’s needs and help you build greater capacity. These sessions are best for organizations working on social issues, and are by request only. Each sessions last approx. 2 hours and there is potential for follow-up. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent organizations include: NOPL ALE, 826 NOLA, Liberty’s Kitchen, NTC
Design Thinking Badges
- Did you know you can earn badges when you do our workshops?
- The Taylor Design Thinking team sends an Introduction to Design Thinking Credly badge on Linkedin to people who attend our workshops. You can share this badge on your LinkedIn profile or via social media.
- Interested in learning more about attending a Taylor design thinking workshop? Contact us at Taylor@tulane.edu.