Taylor offers multiple programming opportunities for Tulane students, faculty and staff, and community members to learn the mindsets and methods of design thinking (human-centered design).
A design thinking mindset puts people at the heart of understanding, experimenting and acting when addressing challenges.
Human-centered designers notice opportunities, ask better questions, identify various stakeholders, try new ideas, and dare to imagine a different world.
Design Thinking News
What is Design Thinking?
Design thinking is used by organizations around the world to generate new ideas for schools, offices, organizations, and communities—creating better experiences, systems, and services.
In Taylor design thinking workshops and trainings, you will learn to:
- Visualize and share issues and ideas with others
- Work collaboratively, inspiring others and engaging communities
- Be more creative
- Define and re-frame problems
- Use rapid prototyping to counteract “analysis paralysis”
- Practice a “bias to action”
- Consider distinct end-users and different points of view
Human centered design brought us:
- the computer mouse
- touch screens and graphical user interfaces (GUI)
- better micro-solar energy products and services
- mobile-phone based financial services
Design Thinking Badges
- Did you know you can earn badges when you do our workshops?
- The Taylor Design Thinking team sends an Introduction to Design Thinking Credly badge on Linkedin to people who attend our workshops. You can share this badge on your LinkedIn profile or via social media.
- Interested in learning more about attending a Taylor design thinking workshop? Contact Dr. Lesley-Ann Noel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design Thinking Team
Latest Past Events
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/november-design-thinking-breakfast-with-edward-wycliff-tickets-204235222047 Edward Wycliff is the founder and designer of an ethical apparel line called Bow Shoeshoe (“Shway-Shway”). Wycliff grew up in Third Ward. He moved to upstate New York and earned a BA in Politics at Ithaca College, before earning…
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/november-design-thinking-breakfast-with-michelle-barrett-chris-daemmrich-tickets-191968712587 Review Presentation Materials Here: https://taylor.tulane.edu/design-thinking/breakfasts/november-design-thinking-breakfast-with-michelle-barrett-chris-daemmrich/ Emergent Grounds: Emergent Grounds for Design Education (EGDE) is a collective of interdisciplinary and intergenerational makers and thinkers facilitating the process of cultural reconciliation in the United States through design education…
Casual breakfast series to meet new folks, practice using design, design thinking, other designerly approaches to create social impact. Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/august-design-thinking-breakfast-with-woodrow-w-winchester-iii-phd-cpem-tickets-155971439775. View materials after the workshop here: https://taylor.tulane.edu/design-thinking/breakfasts/woodrow-winchester. Woodrow W. Winchester, III, PhD, CPEM is the Director of…