Each semester, The Taylor Center hosts interactive sessions that will introduce you to the tools and mindsets of design thinking (DT), a problem-solving approach anyone can use to make change in their community.
Together we will practice:
- putting people at the center
- asking the right questions and listening deeply
- focusing on what is possible
- generating creative new ideas and solutions
- putting our ideas into practice and learning by doing
- iterating and improving based on feedback
Participants will leave with a working definition of design-thinking, and some ideas for how they can bring DT back to their own life and work to unlock their creativity, get unstuck, and work towards the change they want to see in their communities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND DT 101?
Anyone that wants to learn the basics of design thinking – a problem solving toolkit that puts people at the center.
Once a semester; Sept 30th (Fall ‘23) & March 16th (Spring ‘24)