Design Thinking Breakfast with Dr. Tyra Gross
About this event
About Our Guest
Dr. Tyra Gross is an Associate Professor in the Department of Public Health Science at Xavier University of Louisiana in New Orleans.
In her own words:
“I am a “superMAven”, which I define as a high-achieving woman navigating everyday life as a triple threat: wife-mama-professional. My primary work role is an university professor of public health at a HBCU where I educate and mentor brilliant young women and men, most of whom look like me. (I say this with both pride and humility). Along my journey to academia, I have studied nutrition, maternal & child health, health behavior, and health equity. I developed a passion for personal and professional development, of other women in particular, through coaching, mentoring, consulting as well as speaking. ”
The theme of this Design Thinking Breakfast will be, ‘Design Thinking for Black Maternal Health. Our ‘design challenge’ will consider possibilities for a ‘dashboard’ representing data about Black maternal health, with a focus on communities in New Orleans and in Louisiana.
About Design Thinking Breakfast
- Casual events in the Taylor Center’s Design Thinking Breakfast series.
- The goal is to learn from each other. The format will evolve as we learn, together, what might be most valuable (and enjoyable!) to us all. Breakfasts will include both time to mingle and one or two quick activities to foster knowledge-sharing or community-building.
The DT breakfasts are open to all. No DT experience is required.
- Come with an open heart and mind and prepare to learn and share with others in the local, regional, and international DT community.
- Please invite anyone who would enjoy both sharing with and learning from other practitioners and educators in the greater New Orleans area, the Gulf South, and connecting with other people in the local, regional and international design thinking community.
- When: One Friday each month
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Prof. Chris Daemmrich, email@example.com