Design Thinking in the Classroom
The Experiments in Design-based Learning group is comprised of Tulane University faculty and staff members with teaching responsibilities, who are interested in using design thinking in their teaching or research.
This group was born out of the Faculty Learning Communities program at Tulane’s Center for Engaged Learning and Teaching.
What Do We Do?
We are currently working with the following Tulane faculty and staff members who are ‘experimenting with design thinking.
Active members with experiments in progress or coming up
- Ruth Carlitz, Political Science
- Marie Dahleh, Mathematics
- Mary Glavan, English
- Mallory Monaco Caterine, Classical Studies
- Deniz Karakas, Art
Interested faculty members:
- Alessandra Bazzano, Public Health
- Maria Delouise, Education
- Halima Leak Francis, Public Administration
- Ehab Meselhe, River-Coastal Science and Engineering
- Katherine Raymond, Civil Engineering
- Leslie Scott, Theatre and Dance
- Tom Sherry, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Rafe Steinhauer, Design Thinking
University Staff members: