Changemaker Institute Showcase
Please join us for the Changemaker Institute Showcase, where graduates of the Changemaker Institute social venture accelerator will share quick 5-minute presentations about their venture and you will be able to provide direct feedback to each team.
Each year, a select group of graduate students in Taylor’s social venture accelerator, the Changemaker Institute, work tirelessly on Mondays, in the evenings and on weekends to propel their idea for social change into a viable and sustainable social enterprise.
Participants in the 6-month program deepen their understanding of the social issue their venture tackles, gain social entrepreneurship and business development skills, and work as a cohort to iterate their idea and build a sustainable business model. CI participants are either working to create their own social impact venture (such as a non-profit, program, student-run organization, or business) OR are focused on building a new and innovative capacity within an existing organization.
During this interactive event, you will hear from and provide feedback to our 2021 graduating ventures:
- Pass Dat Joy provides art wellness toolkits to alleviate stress and empower families around the world to use arts to improve their health and happiness.
- Operanauts uses opera music as a tool to help communities that are traumatized by violence and poverty across the Congo to heal and grow through empathy and community building.
- Viva la Musica uses music as a common language to focus on the needs and wellbeing of Spanish-speaking immigrants in New Orleans.
- Women in Global South draws an intersectionality lens to women’s leadership, voice, and agency in low- and middle-income countries and promotes womens’ participation in leadership and decision-making roles in the workforce and beyond.
- Atlantic Archives Lab provides grassroots groups in Brazil with community archives, training, mentorship, and connections to a global network of independent archives and tourism networks.
- The Child Labor Eradication Program (CLEP) is dedicated to eradicating child labor exploitation in Pakistan by empowering children with financial support, education , mentorship, and career building opportunities.