Design Thinking Breakfast with Dr. Jelagat Cheruiyot
Register on Eventbrite to ensure your spot!: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/design-thinking-breakfast-with-dr-jelagat-cheruiyot-tickets-266248044067
About this event
Dr. D. Jelagat Cheruiyot is a professor of practice in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at Tulane University.
- Dr. Cheruiyot teaches a number of courses including diversity of life, insects and human interactions, entomology, plants and human affairs, urban agroecology and sustainability in New Orleans, and several more.
- The courses she teaches either have a service-learning component or are project-centered. The design of the courses has created an opportunity for students to engage with local and regional communities in Louisiana.
- In her classes, students build and maintain community gardens for community partners and continue to exchange knowledge and ideas with the partners.
- Dr. Cheruiyot’s field of research includes plants and animal interactions, elemental defense, biointeraction between elements and organic defense chemicals, and trophic transfer of elements. Her community engagement interests are phytoremediation, flood remediation, food production, food security, and access.
About Design Thinking Breakfast
- Casual events in the Taylor Center’s Design Thinking Breakfast series.
- The goal is to learn from each other. The format will evolve as we learn, together, what might be most valuable (and enjoyable!) to us all. Breakfasts will include both time to mingle and one or two quick activities to foster knowledge-sharing or community-building.
The DT breakfasts are open to all. No DT experience is required.
- Come with an open heart and mind and prepare to learn and share with others in the local, regional, and international DT community.
- Please invite anyone who would enjoy both sharing with and learning from other practitioners and educators in the greater New Orleans area, the Gulf South, and connecting with other people in the local, regional and international design thinking community.
- When: One Friday each month
- Cost: Free
- Contact: email@example.com