August Design Thinking Breakfast with Woodrow W. Winchester, III, PhD, CPEM
August 27 | 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Casual breakfast series to meet new folks, practice using design, design thinking, other designerly approaches to create social impact.
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/august-design-thinking-breakfast-with-woodrow-w-winchester-iii-phd-cpem-tickets-155971439775.
View materials after the workshop here: https://taylor.tulane.edu/design-thinking/breakfasts/woodrow-winchester.
Woodrow W. Winchester, III, PhD, CPEM is the Director of Professional Engineering Programs for the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC).
- He is also the Director, Professional Development & Continuing Education for the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM) where he coordinated and facilitated, in partnership with UMBC, a Webinar series that explored Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE/I) in technical management and technological development.
- Selected as a member of the second cohort of the IAspire Leadership Academy, Woodrow is an advocate for more equitable, inclusive, and consequential approaches to technology design and deployment.
- As a thought leader, Woodrow has published works in influential practitioner-oriented publications such as INCOSE Insight Magazine, ACM Interactions, Fast Company Magazine and The Conversation.
- He has also been a featured speaker at such venues as PRIMER 2020, Health Experience Design (HxD) Conference, and the University of Maryland – A. James Clark School of Engineering’s Engineering Education Speaker Series.
- Connect with him on Twitter: @Woodtres.
- Read this article before the session (optional).
About Design Thinking Breakfast
- These casual events in the Taylor Center’s Design Thinking Breakfast series will be moving to an online format until further notice … and breakfasts will be BYOC – ‘Bring your own coffee’.
- The goal is to learn from each other. The format will evolve as we learn, together, what might be most valuable (and enjoyable!) to us all. Breakfasts will include both time to mingle and one or two quick activities to foster knowledge-sharing or community-building.
The DT breakfasts are open to all. No DT experience is required.
- Come with an open heart and mind and prepare to learn and share with others in the local, regional, and international DT community.
- Please invite anyone who would enjoy both sharing with and learning from other practitioners and educators in the greater New Orleans area, the Gulf South, and connecting with other people in the local, regional and international design thinking community.
- When: One Friday each month
- Cost: Free
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org