July Design Thinking Breakfast with Lee Kim
Friday, July 30, 2021
Lee Kim led this month’s Casual breakfast series to meet new folks, practice using design, design thinking, other designerly approaches to create social impact.
About the Hosts
Lee Kim is a designer thinker, an engineer, a poet and a community builder. Outside her 9-5 job (as a global congress lead at Pfizer), she founded a community innovation lab- Design Dream Lab where anyone with a giving heart can create an impact and dream of a better future.
In 2020/2021, she co-created additional virtual communities – Design Thinking Zeal, H.U.G (Humans in Unbelievable Gatherings), Identity Lab, Mystery Sandbox, and Enchanted Playground – all aiming to bring more human connection to the world that is so isolating. Lee loves building and fostering creativity through everyday experiences and finds joy in connecting dots with other fun-loving and joyful human beings. She also loves to make stuff (up)!
Niesha Ford is a second-year graduate student at the Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. Niesha works with multiple organizations committed to causes such as: providing services for people experiencing homelessness, encouraging positive racial perspectives, and working with historically marginalized groups to combat the current COVID-19 pandemic.
About Design Thinking Breakfast
- Design Thinking Breakfast is a series of casual events that will be moving to an online format until further notice … and breakfasts will be BYOC – ‘Bring your own coffee’.
- The goal is to learn from each other. The format will evolve as we learn, together, what might be most valuable (and enjoyable!) to us all. Breakfasts will include both time to mingle and one or two quick activities to foster knowledge-sharing or community-building.
- The DT breakfasts are open to all. No DT experience is required.
- Come with an open heart and mind and prepare to learn and share with others in the local, regional, and international DT community.
- Please invite anyone who would enjoy both sharing with and learning from other practitioners and educators in the greater New Orleans area, the Gulf South, and connecting with other people in the local, regional and international design thinking community.
- When: One Friday each month.
- Cost: Free
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org