Day One: ISIRC 2021 Abstract-Writing Challenge!
Are you a doctoral student, post-doctoral scholar, faculty, or independent researcher interested in preparing an abstract for the 13th International Social Innovation Research Conference (ISIRC)?
Register for this free, two-part virtual writing retreat to get practical support to prepare and submit your own research abstract to ISIRC 2021, a major global conference. We recommend joining both days, but attend either day that works.
You will join a community of scholars interested in social innovation and receive advice and encouragement from experienced researchers on the Taylor Center’s Research & Scholarship team.
Register on Eventbrite to get more event details. We will email all registrants a Zoom invite for the sessions and share a folder with examples of accepted abstracts and prior ISIRC programs.
Session 1: Friday, February 19, 2021 : 1- 4 pm CST
- Learn about ISIRC from former attendees, presenters, and current organizers
- Learn about different ‘streams’/themes, from aging to hybrid enterprises, to sustainability to well-being. Read details of thematic streams on the conference websites.
- Brainstorm ideas for what you can do around different conference streams.
- By the end of session one, have one draft of an abstract for a paper or a panel proposal with multiple speakers (400 words).
Session 2: Friday, February 26, 2021 : 1- 4 pm CST
- Learn more about ISIRC streams; decide which stream you are submitting to.
- Connect and discuss your ideas with fellow writers/researchers and get practical feedback.
- Be supported in drafting and revising your abstract.
- By the end of session two, have a complete, reviewed, and proofed 400-word abstract ready to submit.
Deadline: Submit to ISIRC by February 28, 2021.
ABOUT ISIRC 2021
The International Social Innovation Research Conference (ISIRC) is the world’s leading interdisciplinary social innovation research conference. The conference brings together scholars from across the globe to discuss social innovation and social entrepreneurship from varied perspectives.
The 2021 conference theme is “Enabling the change! Social innovation and enterprises for a better future.” ISIRC 2021 will be hosted in Milan, Italy, Sept 8-10, 2021 (Virtual or in-person, TBD.) Conference website: isirc2021milano.com
SUBMITTING TO ISIRC
- Abstracts need to have a title, research objectives or questions, conceptual or theoretical perspectives, methodology/ies, a contribution of the paper to knowledge in light of the conference theme, selected references.
- There is no cost to submit an abstract.
- Abstracts are due 2/28/21.
- Organizers review all abstracts; expect to hear by May whether it is accepted.
- The actual ISIRC Conference participation fee will vary depending on format (in-person vs. virtual). See the Conference website. www.isirc2021milano.com
Do you have any questions about the ISIRC 2021 Abstract writing challenge? Email Dr. Anna Monhartova at firstname.lastname@example.org.