Design Thinking Gumbo with Kiwana McClung
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/design-thinking-gumbo-with-kiwana-mcclung-tickets-230373572557
Kiwana T. McClung is an Associate Professor in the School of Architecture & Design who currently serves as Interim Chief Diversity Officer at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- As Interim Chief Diversity Officer, Kiwana is responsible for fostering diversity among students, faculty, and staff, as well as ensuring that underrepresented groups have equal access to educational opportunities and resources.
- Prior to joining the faculty at UL Lafayette, Kiwana worked as an Architectural Designer for several firms around South Louisiana.
- A graduate of Louisiana State University’s School of Architecture and Design, Kiwana is nationally recognized for her research and efforts towards increasing diversity within a school of architecture and curricula.
- She was recently recognized by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette as their 2021 Eminent Scholar in Leadership and Service, one of the highest honors awarded by UL.
- She earned a bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts from Southern University and A&M College, and a master’s degree in Architecture from Louisiana State University and A&M College.
- She is the co-creator of ASCENT: Elevating Southern Perspectives on Design Justice, an exhibit and event series elevating the voices and work of design justice practitioners, designers, and community members pursuing the creation of equitable experiences in Louisiana.
About the Series
Design Thinking (DT) Gumbo is a series of one-hour workshops on a variety of methods that can be used in design research. Each workshop will introduce a method, share examples of its use in other settings, and include space for participants to practice the method together.
- Think of these methods as ingredients to make your design thinking work much more rich and flavorful. Try out the different ingredients and see which ones appeal the most to your palate.
- This semester all of our method workshops will focus on understanding people’s experience of the coronavirus pandemic.
- DT Gumbo is a project of the design thinking program of the Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation and Design Thinking at Tulane University.
- Contact: email@example.com