Read on to learn more about our space and our reservation policies.
Taylor Conference Room
- Conference room can accommodate 10-12 people.
Design Thinking Classroom
- Design thinking classroom can accommodate 50-75 people.
Who Can Reserve the Space
- Priority will be given to activities that relate directly to Taylor and SISE work.
- Outside events may be considered if the intent of the activity fits with the ethics and culture of Taylor/SISE and at least one Taylor affiliate is present for the duration of the event.
- Groups external to Tulane University will be required to reserve the space through Tulane’s facility use request, available at facilityrequest.tulane.edu.
- Outside classes or events are more likely to be considered if they are meeting outside of work hours, Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
- During work hours, one-off events are more likely to be considered than regularly-occurring meetings/events.
Taylor operations are dependent on the Howard Tilton Library operation schedule. Generally, reservation requests are considered during the times listed below. Proposals for exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 10 PM*
*From the Howard Tilton Late Night Access Policy: At 8:00 PM each night, access to the Howard Tilton Library will be limited to active Tulane affiliates and anyone with a Howard-Tilton Memorial Library borrowing card. No one will be asked to leave the building after 8:00 PM, unless they are in violation of the library code of conduct. Patrons in the building prior to 8:00 PM are welcome to continue to use the building, but if they leave and try to re-enter, they will need to show an ID.*
Saturday and Sunday, 9 AM to 8 PM
How to Reserve Space at Taylor
- Requests must be submitted at least two (2) business days prior to the event. Late submission may not be accommodated.
- Taylor-advised student organizations, student ventures involved in Taylor programming, and Changemaker RLC participants are permitted to reserve Taylor as space allows. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the booking process for students.
- Students and community partners should copy their direct Taylor staff/faculty contact on all e-mail reservation requests.
- To request space, email us at email@example.com.