Come Work With Us
The Taylor Center is currently seeking candidates for both faculty and graduate assistant positions in social innovation, marketing & communications and design thinking. Submit your application materials or contact us at Taylor@tulane.edu for more information.
Professor of Practice and the Associate Director of Social Innovation
Apply on Interfolio
The Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation and Design Thinking seeks qualified candidates to serve as a Professor of Practice and the Associate Director of Social Innovation. The Professor of Practice position resides in the Taylor Center as a renewable 3-year term; additional information on faculty appointments can be found in the Faculty Handbook. The position will start as early as January 2023 and no later than August 2023, and the salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
- Design, facilitate, and support social innovation (SI) programming and learning opportunities (e.g., courses, workshops, materials) for diverse audiences, to include capacity-building that supports the integration of SI mindsets throughout the Taylor Center, Tulane’s campus, and with community partners
- Engage in scholarship and field leadership in social innovation and related fields
- Co-create an SI strategy that aligns with the Taylor Center’s mission and values; work collaboratively with students, staff, and faculty to implement the strategy; and manage administrative tasks as required.
Graduate Assistant for Taylor Center Marketing & Communications
Apply on Handshake
The Communications & Marketing GA will support the Taylor Center Staff through
- Communicating, promoting, and marketing Taylor programs, events, training, and activities
- Meeting regularly with Taylor staff to coordinate marketing and communications activities across the Center
- Collaborating with the Director for Finance & Operations on planning, creating, and managing content across various marketing platforms including, but not limited to
- The Taylor website
- Taylor newsletter
- Taylor Hub (our blog)
- Event calendars
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Coordinating photography for various events, directing short promotional, attend meetings and events on campus, and informational videos, and doing graphic design work
- Supervising student employees who can support marketing and communications projects related to Taylor Center initiatives
Graduate Assistant in Design Thinking for Social Innovation
The Design Thinking for Social Impact GA will support design thinking activities including
Apply on Handshake
- Co-creating and co-facilitating collaborative design thinking learning experiences for Tulane students and the general public, with other members of the design thinking team and Tulane / Taylor partners including Tulane faculty and staff,
- Planning and providing logistical support for design thinking workshops and events,
- Co-creating design thinking materials, curriculum, and other pedagogical tools
- Researching and writing (academic and non-academic) about design thinking and helping to document the work of the design thinking team at Taylor.
About The Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation & Design Thinking
Founded in 2014, The Taylor Center cultivates a diverse network of changemakers who are working and learning together to create a more just and equitable society. Its programs are grounded in the teaching, research, and practice of social innovation and design thinking. Offerings include:
- TEACHING: Taylor faculty and staff teach or support courses in social innovation, design thinking, changemaking, and life design for undergraduate and graduate students across a variety of academic disciplines/programs. Taylor also offers training and coaching for staff and faculty outside the center looking to integrate social innovation approaches and human-centered design into their courses.
- RESEARCH: Taylor supports research and scholarship on social innovation topics and issues through programs and funding opportunities. Taylor faculty and staff also develop original research and scholarship in the field.
- PRACTICE: Taylor offers a variety of programs open to students, staff, faculty, and community members in social innovation, human-centered design, and changemaking. Taylor also offers funding for undergraduate and graduate students to develop skills in these areas.