Design Thinking Breakfast w/ Marcelo Paiva: Designing for your future self
How does our own bias get in the middle of our design decisions? We are driven by how we are brought up, the way we think, our past and current relationships, our circle of friends, how fast we move, and how anxious we get with little things. These factors influence our style, the way we write, the colors we choose, the way we design products.
But we forget one thing… Our body and mind are constantly evolving towards a state that requires more and more attention.
Please join us and Marcelo Paiva, UX Manager for UKG, and one of South Florida’s most active design community leaders and speakers. He’s always happy to share his knowledge from over 15 years of building efficient design teams, solving complex systems challenges, and developing thoughtful expertise to foster modern design systems practices in Agile development environments for mobile and web applications.
In this time-travel activity, you’ll learn how to interview your past and future selves, where you will:
- learn from past mistakes,
- identify any missed opportunities,
- recognize how new technologies, techniques, or methodologies could have helped past projects,
- consider your own potential future disabilities as you grow older
- account for global events that could impact the way we live.
The Taylor Center’s monthly Design Thinking (DT) Breakfast is a space to build community among those using design, design thinking, and related methods for social impact with some local flavor, particularly from the greater New Orleans area and the Gulf South.
- These casual events will be moving to an online format until further notice … and breakfasts will be BYOC – ‘Bring your own coffee’.
- The goal is to learn from each other. The format will evolve as we learn, together, what might be most valuable (and enjoyable!) to us all. Breakfasts will include both time to mingle and one or two quick activities to foster knowledge-sharing or community-building.
The DT breakfasts are open to all. No DT experience is required.
- Come with an open heart and mind and prepare to learn and share with others in the local, regional, and international DT community.
- Please invite anyone who would enjoy both sharing with and learning from other practitioners and educators in the greater New Orleans area, the Gulf South, and connecting with other people in the local, regional and international design thinking community.
- When: One Friday each Month from 8:30am – 9:30am CST.
- Cost: Free