Are You Creative?
The Creative Alliance of New Orleans (CANO) is looking for driven and passionate interns who are deeply invested in the New Orleans creative community to join our team. CANO is a small arts nonprofit that works to help artists pursue sustainable careers through the growth of the city’s cultural economy.
- Gain hands-on work experience with cultural events, exhibitions, performances, education, media, and
- The ideal intern is curious, creative, and ready to work. Communications skills are a plus.
- Passion, self-motivation, and a strong work ethic are expected from all interns and
- Interns should be able to commit a minimum of 15 hours per
Please note that this is an unpaid internship, but college students may earn credit hours, and there is potential to receive a stipend following an evaluation and loads of experience to be gained.
Students may also apply for Taylor’s Changemaker Catalayst Award (up to $1500) for funding for this internship.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Driven, motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- Multi-Tasker – can easily change direction during work day as needed
- Creative, Strategic, and a Resourceful thinker
- Steward of Relationships – able to act as a liaison between committee members, volunteers, donors, visitors, and staff
- Strong time management and organizational capabilities
- Undergraduate Sophomore, Junior, or Senior with an interest in the creative industries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel; Docs, Sheets)
- Experience in supporting or planning events, managing social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, ), and graphic design are preferred
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Work comfortably in a highly collaborative environment; manage competing interests and strong personalities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and reports concurrently
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently in high-paced and sometimes demanding environment
Essential Position Duties:
- PUBLIC RELATIONS: assist with media outreach, press releases, pitches, and more PR tactics and strategy; function as support staff at events and openings.
- MARKETING: assist with overarching marketing strategy, tactics and media planning.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: posting, event advertising/promoting, and campaign building; platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and more.
- EVENT PLANNING: assist with creative concepts as well as event planning and organization efforts.
Duties Can Also Include:
- GRAPHIC DESIGN: proficiency in Adobe is a plus; design ranges from program books and educational materials to signage and event ads, we produce several graphics for print and web throughout the year.
- MEDIA ARTS: event photography, filming, and editing of event, production, and lecture footage; assist with the creation of a new, video-driven digital media campaign.
- WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT: WordPress website updates and expansion; search engine optimization.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com About Creative Alliance of New Orleans (CANO)
The Creative Alliance of New Orleans endeavors to broaden policies of public, business, cultural and civic organizations, as well as individuals, to embrace the full range of the potential societal and economic impact of the creative industries. We advocate, network, exhibit, educate, train, market, and promote this power house sector and its underserved stakeholders.