Paid Customer Success Intern
We’re not going to lie – we love what we do. Whetstone is a New Orleans-based ed tech startup making a serious impact in public education, and we’re building out a team of passionate, focused, intelligent people who want to make an immediate impact on the lives of teachers, coaches, school leaders, and students.
The Customer Success Intern will join the Customer Success team in executing Whetstone’s Customer Success strategies in order to meet customer needs, increase customer usage of and capacity in Whetstone, ensure high rates of customer renewal, drive customer referrals, and grow Whetstone’s market share. This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment for the Spring semester (January-May, 2019), and will finish the internship with the possibility of the opportunity turning into a full time position.
Apply if you’re passionate about helping customers solve problems, increasing customer usage and capacity, and building out a top product in the ed tech space.
What your typical day might include:
- Communication: You’ll respond to customer inquiries in a timely and accurate way, via phone and help chat. You’ll identify specific customer needs and follow up with customers to ensure their technical issues are resolved.
- Analysis: You will analyze client site usage and responsively design and execute help guides to increase client capacity and in-site efficac
- Collaboration: You will shadow Customer Success Managers and Associates to learn the
ins-and-outs of Whetstone client management. You’ll support strategic product development by gathering customer feedback and sharing it with the Product and Customer Success teams.
- Strategy: You’ll strategize independently and alongside your Customer Success teammates to improve and enhance the Customer Success department.
- Configuration: You’ll assist the Customer Success team with site configuration to ensure each customer’s platform is aligned to their needs.
- Fun: You will join a team of motivated and energetic individuals who want to make work fun! You’ll learn the inner-workings of a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to delight customers.
You may be a great fit if…
- You are passionate about making a difference in education and impacting the lives of our youth. You have both a growth and a design-thinking mindset, as well as the belief that effective teaching is critical lever in improving US education.
- You are quick on your feet. You have the desire to work at a fast-growing start-up, and you have the drive to help build out processes from scratch.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are excited by the idea of speaking with customers each da
- You are a fierce problem solve You tackle problems with both a 30,000 foot view and a planner to capture the details necessary to solve them.
- You are technically capable. You are able to problem solve using basic technology, and you have a desire to learn more about technology (no coding required for this role).
- You are solutions oriented, and you have a desire to help people. You enjoy talking with people and making their day better through positive interaction.
- You are excited to begin a career at an education technology compan We will give strong preference to graduating seniors and recent graduates, as this role has the possibility of becoming full-time in May.
- You have the ability to work 10-15 hours a week during the Spring semester (January-May 2019).
Whetstone’s cloud-based platform allows education leaders to capture, organize, analyze, and share classroom observation data in an intuitive interface, making it easy to identify teacher trends and take action to help teachers improve. We work with over 950 of the most innovative schools in the country (and a few overseas!) to accelerate teacher growth, because we know how much is at stake for kids and families. And we’re expanding. Fast. We doubled this year and are on track to do so again next year.
This is a paid internship with the possibility of the opportunity turning into a full time position.
So what are we all about?
- Making people’s lives easier: Not just for our clients, but for team members, too. Our motto is, “It’s really easy to be really nice.” If you’re on board with that, we’re on board with you.
- Teamwork: A team is a group of people with a shared mission. Want to contribute your brainpower and hustle to helping us achieve our mission of improving teacher effectiveness and quality of worklife? Well, c’mon then!
- Constant learning: We believe that everybody needs a coach. We’re committed to helping team members grow professionally to meet their career goals.
- Celebrating our victories: Every Thursday afternoon you’ll find us gathering with La Croix to review our small victories for the week, and once a month we go to a neighborhood watering hole!
- Work should be fun: No explanation necessa
Whetstone is an EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Internships are available every spring semester. Applicants should apply by late Fall (November/December). Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Success Intern.”