About Flux Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
Flux Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (Flux) is a consultancy based in New Orleans, USA, which provides social programs with the ability to make data-driven decisions about their evolution and impact. Flux works with both local and international clients including public entities, NGOs, and private sector companies and foundations. Example projects include:
- Lutheran World Relief: Flux has partnered to do a research project/evaluation of an innovative corporate social responsibility project surrounding a gold mine in Cajamarca, northern Peru.
- Energy Wise: Flux is accompanying the strategic planning process while mapping data workflows to make recommendations on how to best answer key management questions.
- KIDsmART: Flux is helping to build capacity among KIDsmART staff to improve efficiency of data analysis work by training staff on up-to-date approaches and tools.
Student internship responsibilities include:
(a) In cooperation with the founder and others, devise and implement a plan to manage Flux’s marketing and outreach, mainly focused on small-medium non-profits in the Greater New Orleans area.
(b) Help develop an outreach strategy that may include in-person meetings, phone calls, emailing, and online marketing. The strategy should set time-bound, attainable goals for gaining new clients.
Flux is a young, small firm offering a wide range of services to clients of all sizes and in all sectors. The responsibilities for the position are expected to grow according to Flux’s needs and the your abilities. You must be willing and eager to push beyond your comfort zone.
The absolute key is self-motivation: You will get as much out of this position as you put in. Tasks will begin basic, but if you consistently demonstrate the ability to work independently and problemsolve/self-teach, your responsibilities and learning opportunities will expand rapidly.
This is an unpaid internship. As the relationship builds, Flux is very open to planning for a marketing strategy which includes commissions.
- Passion for communications, marketing, and advertising when it matters – the clients you attract could make or break the company.
- Experience: undergraduate, recent graduate, MA/MS/MBA candidate
- Ability to commute to historic Tremé, New Orleans. Own transportation a plus.
Submit a CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position (≤ 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org.