Learn human-centered design!
Open to students, staff, faculty, community members and friends near and far!
Our 2 hour “crash course” introduces participants to design thinking as a process to solve complex problems. You’ll learn new mindsets and methods through a hands-on activity. We will turn a real problem into an inspiring challenge to be addressed optimistically, creatively, and quickly, getting participants on the road to using design thinking to address problems in their own lives and work.
This interactive crash course begins promptly at 5 pm- don’t be late! This interactive workshop is a quickly paced, timed exercise so be prepared to stay until 7 pm.
Learning objectives for the crash course
- Experience design thinking as an optimistic, creative process
- Learn the basic human centered design modes of action, such as Empathy
- Experience a “bias to action” mindset
- Enhance some skills in fabrication and visual communication
- Challenge your assumptions about how to address problems
- Have fun working in a fast-paced and imaginative way
- Discuss how human-centered design fits into your world and work