The Fast 48 is an immersive boot camp to cultivate mindsets and practical skills in human-centered design (HCD) for social impact. The Fast 48 is designed for graduate students and professionals— you might be scientists, educators, artists, business owners, university staff, or faculty. We invite you to learn design thinking, a creative, collaborative, and effective approach to addressing problems in sectors spanning education, health, the environment, economic development, urban design, and more.
Over a full and fast-paced 48 hours, starting on Friday at 6 PM through Sunday 6 PM, participants will learn some key mindsets and a selection of practical methods for bringing a human-centered lens to designing solutions for greater social impact working in a community setting.
The lead instructors are Maille Faughnan, Laura Murphy, and Jordan Stewart with a team of coaches from the Taylor team and our growing local design-thinking community. We are excited to partner again with PlayBuild New Orleans, an organization “on a mission to transform under-utilized urban spaces into exciting kid-friendly environments for play and learning”.
Take the Fast 48 to
• Learn rewarding skills of creative, collaborative, user-centered problem-solving.
• Enrich your Changemaker toolkit!
• Boost your resume with design thinking skills recognized by non-profit agencies, private sector firms, foundations, governments and think tanks around the world!
• Join a network of people with common interests.
This is basically a 3-day mini-course, not a conference. If you seek credit, consider its allied graduate course in the spring.
To sign up, send an email to Laura Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of the email:
• Name, your background and where you are from in the world;
• Academic degree program or organization and position
• Cellphone number and best email contact.
• Reasons for seeking to join the Fast 48. Do you have prior exposure to human-centered design?
If we have space, you will then receive to an Eventbrite link to pay the non-refundable fee of $60 (up to 2 weeks before the event). The fee rises to $75 the 10 days prior to the workshop. The fee covers food, drinks, supplies, materials and coaching for the whole weekend. Please check your calendar and be sure you can make the whole workshop.
Fast 48 X Schedule:
• 11/2/2018, Friday 6 PM – 9 PM
• 11/3, Saturday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
• 11/4 Sunday, 11-6 PM.
Fast 48 Alum: Consider joining us again as a field- or team-coach to advance your skills. Please get in touch to discuss. Laura Murphy at email@example.com