AbleThrive.com is a one-stop platform featuring articles, videos and resources to maximize quality of life with a disability curated from organizations, hospitals, bloggers and companies around the world.
Content Creator Position Description
Purpose of the Position
A content creator, as a member of the content team, writes and contributes curated articles (like Upworthy) and original content (from interviews) to bring more high quality posts to families impacted by disabilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Gain valuable writing experience by writing curated and original articles
- Build relationships with key influencers in the disability sector with in person or remote interviews
- Update database with articles and videos to curate from our list of partners
- Weekly remote check-ins to set weekly deliverables
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills
- Experience with or interest in the disability community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Remote position with flexible work hours
- Potential stipend based on experience
Professional Development Opportunities/Skills Gained:
- Outreach and communications
- Writing and editing
- Connections and engagement with global disability community
- Opportunity to develop a professional portfolio
To Apply: Send a brief introduction of yourself with your resume and a writing sample to hello@ablethrive. If we’re interested in an interview we’ll follow up.