Taylor is seeking a diverse team of responsible, open-minded, motivated, and dynamic “changemaking” Student Fellows for the 2017-2018 academic year. Applicants should be excited about supporting their peers and enhancing changemaker action and engagement on campus and in the community. Student Fellows will help shape our continued growth and join a culture of creative, collaborative social innovation at Tulane, in New Orleans, and in other partner communities.
Undergraduate and graduate students from any discipline, program, or department are welcome to apply for one or more of the following positions:
- Design Thinking (DT) Student Fellow (2 positions)
- Support, help design, facilitate, promote, and execute a variety of design thinking for social impact education programs including the human-centered design “crash courses” and Fast 48 weekend bootcamp. DT Fellows are responsible for increasing awareness of DT through education, workshops, and partnerships with campus and community partners.
- Changemaker Institute (CI) Student Fellows (3 positions)
- Develop, organize, promote, and execute Taylor’s social venture accelerator program, the Changemaker Institute. Fellows will plan in the Fall (revise curriculum, recruit participants and secure mentors and speakers) and execute the Institute in the spring, which rolls out over 8 Saturday sessions.
- Communication & Marketing (C&M) Student Fellows (3 positions)
- Communicate, promote and market Taylor programs, events, trainings, and activities. C&M Fellows are the authors and curators of various marketing platforms including, but not limited to, the Taylor newsletter, TaylorHub (our blog), event calendars, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This team is also in charge of photographing events, directing short promotional and informational videos, and graphic design work.
Taylor Student Fellows are paraprofessionals. Fellows are more than the usual student worker and are responsible for creating and implementing Taylor programming and outreach. Student Fellows must be comfortable working at a fast pace and must possess the initiative necessary to thrive within ambiguity and in dynamic environments.
Come meet this year’s fellows to learn more about the fellowships on Monday or Tuesday, March 13th or 14th from 5-7 pm at Taylor. Snacks will be served!
Applications are due March 24th at 11:59 PM
Questions? Contact Julia Lang, email@example.com